Saturday, November 12, 2011

In Between

I am not hungry. I am not full. I am in between. I had a light dinner and I am trying to forget about the Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream hiding in my freezer. Of course, talking about it on my blog doesn't help me forget about it.

It's funny how I should be content, but I think something about my lifestyle has led me to think that being stuffed full is just all around better. So where does that leave me? Bored. Just bored. And a little antsy. And then pacing in my kitchen, not quite sure what to do. I am not on a crazy strict diet, but I am trying to change to a generally more healthy lifestyle, and doing so before the Holidays is not the easiest.

So, while foraging in the pantry, I started wondering... How many of us are really hungry for God? Have we developed an appetite that craves time with our Savior? Or have we been living in between? Kind of just sustaining and making it on minimal nourishment? Maybe you get a Sunday morning fix, but who can honestly live off of eating only once a week? Well, it's not healthy anyway.

The problem is that when we live with the in between state for too long, we DO get bored. We get restless. We want to fill up on something, but the question is: what will you fill up on?

I know the only one who heals me, restores me, refreshes me, guides me, inspires me, and loves me enough to correct me is JESUS. Everything else is stale potato chips by comparison.

How blessed I feel to know that God delights in me, and so, I, too, choose to delight in Him.

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart " Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment