Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Longing for FAMILY

I have been reading this INCREDIBLE BOOK called "Messy Church" by Ross Parsley, a leader from whom I have so much to learn. The book just resounds in my heart liked a huge echoing GONG that will not stop. It has turned out to be more and yet totally different from what I expected it to be. Still reading, so I know there is more to learn...

BUT I must also say I love how God works. I love how He speaks messages over and over until I finally get it. And not to say I get it all, but right now, I feel like I am GETTING it... the process is coming alive in me more than ever. What a fabulous feeling.

Everywhere I turn, I see the heart of God speaking to the value of FAMILY in our life. He knows how to knit us together in relationships that will breathe new life in us, teach us, correct us, make life fun, and welcome God to be in the middle of it all.

Psalm 68: 5-9 (NLT)
"Father to the fatherless, defender of the widows- this is God, whose dwelling is holy. 

 God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy. But for rebels, there is only famine and distress.

 O God, you led your people from Egypt. when you marched through the wilderness, the earth trembled, and the heavens poured rain before you, the God of Sinai, before God, the God of Israel. 

You sent abundant rain, O God, to refresh the weary Promised Land."

God's Word consistently reminds me that HIS HEART desires to HEAL us of our brokenness- He will be a father to the fatherless, He is the maker of the the greatest, warmest, richest family we could ever hope for. And He invites us to join the family.

When God freed His people from slavery in Egypt, He did not just send them on their way. When they walked through the wilderness, He walked with them. He saw them through, all the way to the Promised Land.

I know there is a Promised Land I am heading toward today. And God is walking with me. Maybe you feel the Promise of Freedom has grown weary-- but take heart!!! The rain of His WORD will refresh you and bring you HOME.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment