Saturday, September 21, 2013

Running to ONE DAY...

One day I am going to change my Facebook profile info to say: PUBLISHED AUTHOR.

It's coming. Yes, the day is coming, and has been coming for a long time.

And though, the culmination and pinnacle of my personal and professional accomplishments can't really be adequately summed up in a small update on Facebook, for a moment it felt like a mark, a goal,  a wonderful day to look forward to.

It made me start to dream. What other things would be fun, to include on my Facebook profile? Things that are not yet true, have not yet happened. Maybe they are things that I have not yet been brave enough to utter to myself... but NOT YET DOES NOT MEAN NEVER.

I have silly, fun dreams of being a soccer mom, with the mini-van (I am totally going to have a mini-van one day!) I have dreams of owning a cabin near my favorite family vacation spot. And I totally want to go to Hawaii some day, and Alaska, too!

I have dreams of adopting precious orphans and welcoming them as my own babies in our family. I dream of holding my published book in my own hands. I have dreams of hugging a woman or child who has been freed from sex trafficking as a result of that book. I want to look into their eyes and speak life and treasured value into them. Oh for that day!

Facebook probably doesn't have a data entry field for me to enter these kind of goals in my profile, but they are there. Totally there. Waiting with baited breath.

I can't help but ask myself. What am I doing today that draws me closer to those dreams?

What am I doing with the spare minutes in the day? With the spare dollars in my budget?

Am I running with stubborn fervor? With determined tunnel vision? With power, boldness, and courage that can only come from the Holy Spirit?

One thing is for sure... all this is so much easier when someone is running beside me.

So, what are you dreaming of? Saving for? Reaching for? Praying for? What are you doing today to get you there?

RUN WITH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment