Thursday, December 2, 2010

Living the Dream

I am a dreamer. I always have been. I have had vivid recurring dreams my whole life. I have had happy dreams, and nightmares that left me in tears. I have caught myself daydreaming on many many occasions. And I have looked to the Heavens and whispered dreams of hope to my Savior so much so that I have come to the conclusion... I am a dreamer. Even the storyline and subject matter for my upcoming book was inspired in the connected scenes of a very dramatic and life-like dream.

I am usually the person who dreams that big things can happen, even when everyone else is doubtful. I am usually the person who sees a great potential of life and healing in other people, maybe even before they see it in themselves. I am also the person who never stops believing that my God, my "Daddy" in Heaven is more than capable of accomplishing any and all of the outlandish, far-fetched, whimsical, and bold dreams that I can come up with.

I cling to scriptures like Ephesians 3:20-21:
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."
...
>My journey as a dreamer has taught me not to simply seek my own ambitions, but also align my heart with the greatest dreamer in all of creation. I trust that the only one who knows my greatest potential, or sees how much I can grow is my Savior, Jesus. I want dreams like HIS.
...
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. As the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
...
I am also learning that sometimes God's most couragous dreams for my life are not that glamorous or glitzy. Sometimes He dreams a break-through that requires a new level of humility, compassion, or self-sacrifice. I am quite certain, though, that all of His dreams are for my good. (And they are for your good as well!)

Today, I am choosing to be the woman I dream to to be. I will be the wife and mom I dream to be. I will be the writer, and worshipper I dream to be. I will be the friend I dream to be. Instead of letting life come at me, I will go after my own life. No more excuses. No more "if only" or "maybe when" apologies.

Yep. Today I am living the dream.

..........................
Are you a dreamer? What are your dreams? What is the dream God has placed in your heart? I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Benjamin Mena said...

Great message!

Brittany said...

Get out of my head, Tiffany! :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts on being a dreamer. Can't wait to see the wonderful things God has planned for your life.

lauren said...

I love this...and needed it. Thanks Tiff! xox Miss You huge!

Post a Comment